2020 brought a pivotal time in our shared history with two pandemics which presented symptoms related to ‘breathing’ that have been responsible for unprecedented deaths. COVID-19 hit like a fierce storm causing varying levels of loss including lives and jobs, while putting severe strain on our healthcare systems. Simultaneously, systemic and structural racism have been present for centuries, and have, once again, been forced to the forefront of our collective consciousness through events in Minnesota, Kentucky and here in Rochester, NY. From what has already been seen and heard, there is a preponderance of evidence to conclude that the killings of George Floyd, Breaona Taylor and Daniel Prude, respectively, reflect systemic failures of policing and mental health care. These are failures we’ve seen far too many times in this country. They have deadly and disproportionate consequences for people of color. When coupled with the disproportionate suffering stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic and a plethora of other racial based health inequities, it is clear that Racism is a Public Health Crisis!
How do we heal our communities, boost our hurting economies and help our families thrive during a time when so much uncertainty has heightened issues related to poverty, social or racial injustice, education and health disparities? These issues have become persistent and pervasive and remain top priorities for communities of color. Now is the time to act and demand change in attitudes, power structures and systems, policy and practices. Collectively we must be intentional about lifting every voice to Promote Equity and Justice for All.
This regional conference series will feature keynotes and high-quality workshops that showcase speakers with expertise in the areas of service delivery, public policy, racial equity, economic development, evidenced based research, community organizing, social determinants of health, philanthropy, corporate responsibility, healthcare, trauma, lived experience/human centered design, education and more. ABC’s Signature Event will convene business and community leaders, providers, consumers and stakeholders to offer strategies to counteract the disparate impact of these 2 pandemics.
This is an opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to “Promoting Equity and Justice for All” by becoming a sponsor or participating as a conference attendee.
Conference Target Audience:
For profit and non-profit leaders, policy makers, health and human service professionals, law enforcement leaders, elected officials, chambers of commerce, medical students, educators, philanthropist, funders, the general public, researchers, advocates, mental health providers, HR professionals, and social workers.
Registration Information & Fees:
Attendees will have the option of attending one day or three days for a reduced rate.
- $40 Per One Day Session
- $100 For All Three Sessions (January 14th, 21st & 28th)
**Continuing education credits will be offered for professional certifications. Including Social Workers, Mental Health Counselors, Medical Doctors, and other health professional. All updated and approved CME and CEUs will be posted by December 20th, 2020.
- Conference registration includes:
- Zoom Admittance on designated day or days
- Optional exhibitor showcase
- Webinar Zoom Login Codes will be emailed to attendees 24 hours before the specific day's events are to begin.
- Accommodations: All request for accommodations must be made in writing by December 30th, 2020.
- Registration will not be processed without full payment via credit card at the time of registration. All registration must be processed through this online process.
- State and County Vouchers must be sent for processing by Wednesday December 30th, 2020.
- Scholarships for students and consumers: A limited number of scholarships are available for designated high school students and identified consumer populations.
- Adjustments and shared registrations are strictly prohibited (i.e. – one person attends one day and – someone else another day);
- Bundle rates will only be applied when registering for the three session rates, adjustments will not be made after registrations are processed.
- Refunds will not be granted after January 9th, 2021. All refund request prior to that date are subject to a 25% processing fee.
- Workshop Selection: You will receive a link to select your workshops by January 7th, 2021.
Registration Deadline for all three days is January 12th, 2021. You will be able to register for January 21st & January 28th up until 24 hours before the start of the conference on those days.
Thank you to our sponsors:
cc cc ccc