Bridges 2 Success
Bridges 2 Success?
Bridges 2 Success (B2S) is a state-funded adult mentoring program providing a person-centered approach to self-sufficiency. Participants work with mentors to create long term goals and a plan of action to achieve individual/family financial independence.
Bridges 2 Success is supported by Action for a Better Community, Inc. and Catholic Family Center.
What Does B2S Do?
Works with a community partner to build a secure future for you and your family
Learns to navigate systems to meet your personal goals
Makes connections to specialized community resources
Provides monetary incentives to apply to your goals
“Joining Bridges was the best thing I could have done. My mentor assisted me as I went through a few workshops and obtained the necessary things to start looking for employment.”
“By applying herself wholeheartedly to the training program, her new job responsibilities and overcoming several barriers, she made great impressions on the ABC and Lifetime staff and showed her potential right from the start.”
- Age 18 or older
- Residence in the city of Rochester, NY
- Valid photo ID (driver’s license, NYS ID, benefits card, passport)
- US citizenship or legal US residency
- Ability to work at least 20 hours per week
- Income level below 200% of federal poverty guidelines
- Proof of income (pay stubs, DHS budget sheet, Form 1040 tax return, 6 months of unemployment with W-2 or SSI statements)
After making an appointment, Shawn Futch (or someone on her team) will contact you with further information.