2022 Virtual Signature Conference Series | Registration
In January of 2021 ABC hosted its virtual Signature Conference series entitled “Racism is a Public Health Crisis – Attacking the 2 Pandemics”. Like us, we are sure that many are surprised, some disappointed, and some frustrated, that we are still feeling the effects of COVID-19. Less surprising is the fact that, as a nation, we continue to struggle with the varied and disparate impacts of racism. In response, diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts are under way in a plethora of organizations; be they private, public, religious, educational, etc. Notwithstanding these efforts, which we are in favor of, the systems that allow systemic racism to thrive; the systems that propagate poverty and facilitate disparate health outcomes based on one’s zip code remain largely unchanged. Those systems will be the focus of our 2022 Signature Conference Series.
The theme for ABC’s 2022 virtual Signature Conference Series is “Economic Justice for an Inclusive Recovery”. On January 13th and 20th, we will address the laws and policies needed to repair the historical injustices done by racism, red lining, and other forms of economic marginalization. We want to ensure that the physical and social/emotional health of all people is equitable. Economic Justice is at the core of the Social Determinants of Health. It is imperative that everyone has access to what makes a healthy society.
The human toll of the COVID-19 pandemic has been devastating. It has also meted out a substantial economic blow to most sectors. In response the federal government has responded with legislation aimed to address the economic impact. The American Rescue Plan, CARES Act, and most recently the passage of the Infrastructure Bill, are bringing substantial funding to states and local governments. This unprecedented funding presents the opportunity to do things differently; to allocate funds with freshly informed equity lenses.
We invite you to demonstrate your commitment to “Economic Justice” by participating or becoming a partner in this social justice initiative. Your support will enable ABC to convene New York State lawmakers, local legislators, leaders from the health care and humans service industries, business and industry leaders, representatives from the financial sector, judicial systems, and more to determine the best ways to enable equity and justice for all on our way to a new normal.
CONFERENCE SERIES GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Identify and discuss laws and policies that are barriers to, and perpetuate economic inequality for families living in poverty
- Advance intentional, sustainable, and inclusive economic justice outcomes across multiple systems
- Promote laws and practices for Closing the Racial Wealth Gap
- Illuminate, promote, and advocate actionable steps for municipalities, financial institutions, healthcare institutions, and other stakeholders to improve and prioritize strategies that will address economic justice for communities of color
- Address Social Determinants of Health through the lens of Economic Justice
REGISTRATION INFORMATION & FEE
- Attendees will have the option of attending one day or two days for one reduced rate of $75.
- • Conference registration includes:
- ◦ Zoom Admittance on designated day or days
- ◦ Optional exhibitor showcase
- • Webinar Zoom Login Codes will be emailed to attendees 24 hours before the specific day's events are to begin.
- • Accommodations: All request for accommodations must be made in writing by December 30th, 2021.
- • Registration will not be processed without full payment via credit card at the time of registration.
- • All registration must be processed through this online process.
- • Scholarships for students and consumers: A limited number of scholarships are available for designated high school students and identified consumer populations.
- • Refunds will not be granted after January 9th, 2022. All refund request prior to that date are subject to a 25% processing fee.
- • Registration Deadline is January 12th, 2022. You will be able to register for January 20th up until 24 hours before the start of the conference on that day.