In January of 2021 ABC hosted its virtual Signature Conference series entitled “Racism is a Public Health Crisis – Attacking the 2 Pandemics”. Like us, we are sure that many are surprised, some disappointed, and some frustrated, that we are still feeling the effects of COVID-19. Less surprising is the fact that, as a nation, we continue to struggle with the varied and disparate impacts of racism. In response, diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts are under way in a plethora of organizations; be they private, public, religious, educational, etc. Notwithstanding these efforts, which we are in favor of, the systems that allow systemic racism to thrive; the systems that propagate poverty and facilitate disparate health outcomes based on one’s zip code remain largely unchanged. Those systems will be the focus of our 2022 Signature Conference Series.
The theme for ABC’s 2022 virtual Signature Conference Series is “Economic Justice for an Inclusive Recovery”. On January 13th and 20th, we will address the laws and policies needed to repair the historical injustices done by racism, red lining, and other forms of economic marginalization. We want to ensure that the physical and social/emotional health of all people is equitable. Economic Justice is at the core of the Social Determinants of Health. It is imperative that everyone has access to what makes a healthy society.
The human toll of the COVID-19 pandemic has been devastating. It has also meted out a substantial economic blow to most sectors. In response the federal government has responded with legislation aimed to address the economic impact. The American Rescue Plan, CARES Act, and most recently the passage of the Infrastructure Bill, are bringing substantial funding to states and local governments. This unprecedented funding presents the opportunity to do things differently; to allocate funds with freshly informed equity lenses.
We invite you to demonstrate your commitment to “Economic Justice” by becoming a partner in this social justice initiative. Your support will enable ABC to convene New York State lawmakers, local legislators, leaders from the health care and humans service industries, business and industry leaders, representatives from the financial sector, judicial systems, and more to determine the best ways to enable equity and justice for all on our way to a new normal.
Registration Information & Fees:
Attendees will have the option of attending one day or three days for a reduced rate.
- $75 for the conference (January 13th & 20th)
- Conference registration includes:
- Zoom Admittance: Webinar Zoom Login Codes will be emailed to attendees 24 hours before the event begins.
- Optional exhibitor showcase
- Accommodations: All request for accommodations must be made in writing by December 30th, 2021.
- Registration will not be processed without full payment via credit card at the time of registration. All registration must be processed through this online process.
- State and County Vouchers must be sent for processing by Wednesday December 30th, 2021.
- Scholarships for students and consumers: A limited number of scholarships are available for designated high school students and identified consumer populations.
- Adjustments and shared registrations are strictly prohibited (i.e. – one person attends one day and – someone else another day);
- Bundle rates will only be applied when registering for the three session rates, adjustments will not be made after registrations are processed.
- Refunds will not be granted after January 9th, 2021. All refund request prior to that date are subject to a 25% processing fee.
- Workshop Selection: You will receive a link to select your workshops by January 7th, 2021.
Registration Deadline is January 12th, 2022. You will be able to register for January 20th up until 24 hours before the start of the conference on that day.