Action for a Better Community, Inc.
Community Awareness Advisory Committee:
Seeking New Candidates
Action for a Better Community, Inc., a federally and state designated community action agency, serving Monroe and Ontario Counties, is seeking five new, talented, motivated advisory committee members for the agency’s Community Awareness Advisory Committee (CAAC). This is a volunteer-based position.
The Community Awareness Advisory Committee meets monthly (during the lunch hour), on the second Tuesday of each month at the agency’s 550 E. Main Street Headquarters.
Description of the ABC Community Awareness Advisory Committee:
- The Committee is advisory in nature.
- The Committee reviews agency projects and initiatives and assesses potential for marketing and publicity efforts. The committee also provides feedback and recommendations on communications materials and marketing initiatives planned by the agency.
- The Committee generates ideas for projects or initiatives that can expand ABC’s visibility in the community and region. When appropriate, committee members may take on active roles in leading agreed-upon initiatives or strategies.
- The Committee is comprised of members of the ABC Board, ABC staff, and the community, and includes a member of the ABC Foundation Board.
- The advisory committee seeks creative thinkers and those that truly want to make a difference in the community that ABC serves, using their own talents and unique experience. Professionals from all industries are encouraged to apply.
- Individuals must be 21 or older, with a track record of proven experience, and/or strong desire to engage within non-for-profit community initiatives.
*Please apply by Feb. 10, 2012.