Program: Planning and Evaluation
Location: 550 East Main Street (Central Office)
Position: Administrative Coordinator (FR=EE Initiative)
Hours: 25 hours/week (5/1/13 – 6/24/13)
Summary of Responsibilities:
Assist the P&E Director in organizing and supporting all planning/work efforts, maintenance and follow-up activities relating to the Facing Race Embracing Equity Initiative (FR=EE). This position assists in cultivating and maintaining positive community relationships/partnerships. Coordinates and schedules related meetings/activities. Assists in preparing documents, reports, analysis depicting initiative activities and related data according to the established style guidelines of the FR=EE Promotions Sub-committee. Maintains information about volunteer needs and training as well as coordinate the assignment of volunteers. Responds to public inquiries and provides guidelines to partners/consumers. Assist in preparing/disseminating related communications/correspondence. Maintain database of participating individuals and organizations. Identify community events that could provide synergistic support for the initiative. Assist with the researching of best-practices from other communities engaged in racial justice/equity initiatives.
Qualifications/Education and Experience:
· Associates Degree; minimum of four (4) years of executive level administrative experience, including clerical; planning; events coordination; customer relations public/community relations and management support functions
· Requires excellent organizational, planning, analytical, and problem solving skills; requires attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
· Requires a broad working level knowledge of administrative functions, including filing, business administration and clerical functions; and a thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment
· Requires an immediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Word and Excel
· Requires strong verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse individuals/groups, and with staff at all organizational levels both internal and external
· Requires health and physical capability to work in an office environment
· Requires valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
Please Forward Resumes/Applications to:
Human Resources Department
Action for a Better Community, Inc.
550 E. Main Street
Rochester, New York 14604
Deadline for Resumes/Applications:
Monday, April 15, 2013