Program: FOCUS/FOCUS Plus
Location: 917 East Main Street
Position: Volunteer Specialist
Hours: 24 hrs/wk, 52 weeks per year
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Volunteer Specialist is the lead person responsible for the mobilization of community volunteers for FOCUS Plus. This includes management of volunteers, designing and implementing recruitment plans, training plans, developing effective management tools and materials, help the volunteers meet mutual expectations, while monitoring their progress, and resolving potential challenges faced by volunteers.
Qualifications/Education and Experience:
· AS or equivalent work experience with at least three (3) years of proven experience in managing volunteers through a volunteer program;
· Must possess and maintain a valid New York State Drivers’ License;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work as a team member;
· Advanced computer skills including, data base management, and data analysis skills;
· Highly proficient in windows 7 or XP/Microsoft office; data entry and data management;
· Ability to work with a diverse population; and
· Ability to design and provide professional level training to large groups.
· Requires administrative, analytical, evaluative skills;
· Ability to train and motivate people.
Please Forward Resumes/Applications to:
Human Resources Department
Action for a Better Community, Inc.
550 E. Main Street
Rochester, New York 14604
Deadline for Resumes/Applications:
Wednesday, November 23, 2011